Data QC Manager
We currently have an immediate opportunity for a Data QC Manager to join our team. The qualified candidate shall be responsible for the safe, efficient and economical execution of appointed project procedures and ensure proper reporting to Project Management Team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Development of data workflow for offshore operations – ROV, AUV or geophysical surveys. Workflows / Procedures will be uploaded to the company’s business management system and used by all Regions.
- Provide input to proposals and other commercial activities.
- Assist with development of project procedures, specifying technical equipment, planning and scheduling survey activities to ensure that they meet objectives of clients.
- Ensure that additional requirements, task and / or equipment outside the scope of the original contract are identified to the Project Manager.
- Ensure that the appropriate project survey requirements are understood by the Surveyors and Processors and adhered to by all relevant personnel onboard.
- Provide support for all calibrations of sensors as and when required.
- Assist in finding solutions with the aid of the Offshore Processors as and when problems arise offshore.
- Manage data processing crews and act as Lead Data Processor.
- Perform periodic QA/QC review of the project work – data to be sent in periodically – allowing it to be processed and checked internally.
- Retain a working relationship with the Project manager, keeping them aware of the status of the project and associated deliverables.
- Overseeing management of processed survey data, issue of charts, review of survey reports, preparation of data visualizations and integration to GIS formats.
- Responsibility for QA/QC, successful and timely delivery of the final products to the clients.
- Identify employees who have the ability to support the project team and develop mentor said employees.
- Providing support, training, lessons learnt feedback and monitoring of offshore staff.
- Review and improvement of a collective data management strategy in Atlantic Region.
- Available to assist Technical Manager in R&D.
- Bachelor’s Degree in surveying, construction or civil engineering or related field
- Demonstrable experience in Data Processing position within the Subsea or Offshore environment is essential
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas Industry
- At least 3 – 5 years Subsea experience
- Proficient experience with Eiva offline suite software
- Working experience with Fledermaus software
- Working Knowledge of Oil and Gas Industry Technical Specifications and Standards
- Good leadership, communication and negotiation skills
- Education / experience within project management
- 5 years relevant experience
- Fluent in English, both verbal and writing
Skills (social/technical) and equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages - Word/Excel/PowerPoint and Document Control Systems
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator, reader and writer
- Capable of discussing issues and topics of importance at Senior Management Level
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask